Smoothie bowls are a huge trend on Instagram, but whatever happened to the humble yogurt bowl? I enjoy a good old-fashioned yogurt bowl at least twice a week. It’s a simple breakfast perfect for busy moms.
Your gut will benefit from the probiotics and you’ll get a nice dose of protein and an energy boost. Plus, there’s no need to whip up a smoothie with a long list of ingredients!
Want to learn how to make a yogurt bowl à la Spicy Rose? Let’s get started!
Yogurt Bowl with Fruit, Nuts, and Seeds
- Select a medium-sized bowl.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of yogurt in the bottom of the bowl.
- Chop an apple (or peach, etc) and sprinkle over the yogurt.
- Add a few berries, if desired.
- Add a small handful of nuts (I love macadamia and walnuts).
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp hemp seeds.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp sesame seeds (you could use chia, flax, etc).
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of honey or maple syrup. Enjoy!
You can also invert the order of ingredients. For instance, adding the fruit first then topping it with yogurt and nuts. Customize it to your needs and palate! Kids love this too, so it’s a win-win.